Sadie

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Wayne and Heidi's Thoughts...

Hi all!
What a week! We have enjoyed and looked forward to all of your comments. We too cry everytime we read them! Keep 'em coming!
Sadie continues to just thrive. She is so happy...smiling and laughing and jabbering a lot! A few nights ago we had our second attempt at the bath and she really liked it. Figured out that splashing is fun!
For so long now I have wondered what she would be like, and now it's so great because I know so much about her. She loves to be held; loves to put her face right up next to mine; does not like to have her clothes and diaper changed; loves to be outside, walking around; likes to feed herself finger food...just likes to eat in general!
She's just so sweet and I can't wait for you all to meet her. By the way, Dad and Rob and I all agree that the pictures of her do not in any way do justice to how cute she really is!!
It's funny because Rob and I have some of these moments of kind of "fighting" about who gets to hold her.
The visit to TongGu was extremely emotional. I can't even describe how I felt. Part of me just wanted to find a corner somewhere and sob, and another part of me was just thanking God over and over and over that our precious Sadie was given to us and that she would not have to grow up here. For me, it was even more emotional than Gotcha day. I cry now as I think about it and I know I always will. The meeting with the foster mom seemed to be a defining moment for all of us with the bonding and attachment. I just can't describe it.
Well, going to let Dad type now. Thank you all so much for all the comments and prayers. We really do feel the love all the way over here!!
love to you all,
Heidi

Hi to everyone. I can't begin to describe this experience. I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to be here and see this amazing process. Sadie is such a bundle of joy. It is hard to describe the bonding that has taken place between her and Heidi and Rob. Each day you can just see it. It is so neat to experience. We can't wait to get her home and share her with all of you. You will love her to pieces just as we do. I'm sure you are enjoying the pictures but they don't do her justice. She is even prettier than her pictures. She is a sweetheart. I miss all of you back home and I am so thankful for all of my friends and family. Love to all. Wayne (Papa)

6 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi mom and dad and papa! Please post some pictures of Sadies 2nd bath!!! Say hi to her for me!

Love, Sawyer

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Sadie in her cute little duckie feet!!! These pictures are so incredible! Keep sending them! Can't wait to meet Sadie!!! Heather

 
At 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just got home from Chicago's Pizza place, and, of course, Sawyer wanted to check the blog! Surprise! A picture of Sadie in smiles and a note from Wayne. It's so good to hear from you and to know that all the talking I did to convince you to travel with Heidi and Rob seems to be all worth it. Of course, I knew it would be. I hope she takes to me as easily as she seems to have taken to you. I love her already!
Love, Mom & Sondra

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Rob, Heidi and Wayne,
Congratulations to you all, especially Rob and Heidi!!! Sadie is so beautiful. I have shown her to mom (Aunt Mikel) and she too marveled. All the kids think she is adorable and are so pleased to know that she will be living in such a nice home with a loving family. We have also enjoyed the documentary of this amazing journey. The kids have learned alot about what another country is like, in "real time". I am excited for you when I think about the first steps through your front door with your new precious family member. Thank you again for sharing this with so many people. I look forward to learning more. With lots of love for you all,
Mitch, Jenna, Randi, David, Eric, Elenore and Emily Mitchell (Montana Family) P.S. David says hello to Sawyer and Ryan!!! Have fun with your new little sister!

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sawyer and Ryan,
Hi Guys!! We miss you like crazy and can't wait to see you and give you big hugs and kisses!! Only about 5 more days....it will go fast!
Your baby sister will love you two...how could she not???
love ya love ya love ya,
Mom and Dad

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom,
Good news.....Sadie loves to shop!!! More good news...she likes to have her hair done!!
love ya,
Heidi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home